20051005

WiggityWiLdWhenzDaY

So there's this one Mos Def song where he starts up rapping and then right away gets interrupted by this little voice who sounds kinda youngish and totally digitized. just like the voice in Kanye's song School Spirit. And So Mos blows him off and keeps on rhyming and this 'kid' just keeps on jumpin on him and dissin him, so Mos and him converse some, and they end up respecting each other. The beat is so old school, it, to me, izz old schoOL. It's too fuckin sweet and the rhymes rrrrip it. This is halfway into the song:

You see
my name is Mos Def
and my style will never pest
Brown skinned body-rocking MC
I got the black zodiac
and you know it's never whack
Sagitarius
Definatley
You see
it's me
and lyricist
and we're getting
serious
about to make another hit
I tell your homeboy chill
cuz' his style ain't ill
but it's
straight up counterfeit

You seeI'm fast
or bent
orSweet
then bullet
and when I'm on the set
All the hip-hop fans
just raise they hands
because the one and only
mighty Mos Def
You see
I come into the party in a 'B-Boy' stance
I rock the mic so viciously
So all the real 'B-boys'
and real 'B-Girls'
never know others better than me

[Voice]
I said
heyMos Def
you can't steal the show
You ain't the only MC out here
with flow
I'm the Pro-Castro
and I'm letting you know
That I get on the mic
and go toe to toe

[Mos Def]
Well cool
young brother
and just slow you role
Cuz' your arm's to shook
to have mic control
See I get on the mic
and jump off your case
You best get out my face
and stay in a child's place

[Voice]
See
I get on the mic
because I know I can
And I'm fresher than you
because I know I am
So when I jump on the stage
you better step back
Because your name is Mos Def
but you're really Mos Whack

[Mos Def]
Uh
listen up little brother
you ain't grown
The sun is going down
you need to take you butt home
And don't come outside
with your whack freestyle
You should have kept it in the house
like Debbie Galler
When I grab the microphone
people scream my name
The ain't no sesame street
this is a grown-man's lane
See you best heed my words
and listen up
Or I'm a tell your momma
to whip your butt

[Voice]
Well you ain't my daddy
and I'm letting you know
That you can't tell me
when it's time to go
See I get on the mic
and show you what it's about
Cuz' even my momma
said
knock you out

[Mos Def]
Well if you didn't know
baby boy
I'm a tell ya
You need to learn
to respect your elders
But since you here
And you think you got skill
Then get on the mic
and show your real

[Voice]
Well
I'm the devastatin
never fakin
Always keep your body shakin
Steady rockin
never stoppin'
Keep your body always jockin
Rock the beat,
shock the beat
Till it's time to stop the beat
Steady moving
show improvement
Keep the party
keep on groovin

[Mos Def]
Well hey young blood
that was fresh
You just got one hundred
on your MC test
You got a soul-shocking
body-rocking
set you see
You need to pack up your bags
and get down with me

So jam on it,
so jam on it
I said jam j-jam
j-jam on it
I said were rocking to the bright
early morning
I said jam
j-jamj
jam on it

- Mos Def (Jam On it)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home