20051004

MakaMonMon


YouNg BLacK MaLe Posted by Picasa

Makaveli Monday on Tuesday, means we need more Tongue Tied Lyrics for today!! It turns out I registered for a full day of professional development the other day and it was a seminar offered to help train you to be mentally tough. It was put on by a lady who has trained musicians, Olympic athletes, and like, big businessmen. So with the constant bullshit always trying to get shoved into our heads and plus seeing how I live a life that goes a teeny tiny bit contrary to what are jacked status quo lifestyle kindly requests us to do, I thought it would be very practical for me to be ‘mentally tough’. Not that I would give it up if sh1t ever when down, but being that much better at something like this seemed worthwhile, and work paid for it. So I was also on call for work the last two weeks, so yesterday morning, I was like shit. I’m gonna sleep in, and roll into work a little bit later. I get here to work and I’m chillin, doin this and that, and then I jump onto my bank account and start fuckin around on it, and I was lookin at the bill for my registration course, and was like. Oh yeah. I wonder when that is?? So I’m sitting here at work yesterday morning and I check my registration confirmation, and fuck!!! It’s going on RIGHT NOW!! Soo I booked if from work, got my ass down there, and checked that shit. And it turned out to be so insightful emotionally and phsycologically, but it didn’t take spirituality into account at all, I found. So at the end I thanked the Lady facilitator for hookin us up like this, and we had been talking quite a bit throughout the day, cuz my hand would shoot up incessantly to volunteering or participate, and so after I thanked her I asked about spirituality and how that all fits into everything. And she said that it did, but that it was a follow up to everything we had been talking about all day cuz you had to be healthy and eat, before you could contemplate God. I told her that yeah I agree with that, but that I could relate to things she had been sayin and completely agreed with lots of otherz, but that I came about it from a spiritual angle. She said, well yeah. It works like that too. So I guess that’s all I wanted, was to hear her say that she did consider that true, and that made me feel even better about that shit I had been learnin all day cuz she has thought about a lot of things and wasn’t relaying the information lightly.

Under cool things to share is some ways of defining common terms, and some emotional understanding. It’s probably quite debatable, but all in all I think it’s pretty insightful.

Anger – Desire contaminated by helplessness
Sadness – Rage at being attached to a desire we cannot fulfill
Resentment – Belief that other have limited my opportunities to fulfill my desires
Fear – Desire for the future contaminated by helplessness

-> So I thought that this was a different way of looking at things. And with this kind of perspective you can better understand why it is that you feel what you feel, and you can not get it confused with other things that you might try and resolve, but will leave you feeling the same.

There’s lots more, but another things I felt really crazy helpful to realize was that the suppression of negative feelings leave you numb to it’s polar opposite, attached feelin. Like say joy and pain. Without one, the other doesn’t exist, and so if you try and suppress shame, to a point where you don’t feel shame for anything, then you won’t really feel proud of anything either, and for sure not to the full amount that you would if you accepted your feeling of shame whenever it is that you feel it. So knowing that, or feelin that, you can then see the relationship between different tensions:
Happy – Sad
Pride – Shame
Powerful – Powerless
Adequate – Inadequate
Connected – Alone
Safe – Insecure
Confident – Anxious, fearful
Success – Failure

So yeah. Talk talk talk your ear off already, so let’s fuckin thug this shit out with some old school Pac, off of Strictly 4 my N.I.G.G.A.Z. ‘One nigga, teach two niggas, teach fo’ niggas, teach mo’ niggas.’ I LoVe that bit when I think it’s Mussolini who’s sayin that. .. . has anyone noticed how all of the outlawz are named after crazy violent dictators?? Kadafi EDI Mean, Kastro. .. . .. Hussain Fatal . .. . my brother pointed that out to me the other day. One of my favorite lines in this next song is “Pump ya fists like this -Hollar if ya hear me -PumP, PumP - if ya pissed” … . no wonder the cops hated him and people demonized him. nEwayz.

Here we go
Turn it up
Let's start
From block
ta block
We're snatchin' hearts
And jackin' marks
And tha punk police
can't fade me
And may-be
We can have peace
someday 'G'
But right now I got my mind
Set
up
Lookin down tha barrell of my 9
Get
up
Cause it's time to make tha pay back
phat
To my brothers on tha block--better stay
Strapped
black
And accept no substitutes
I bring truth
to tha youth
tear tha roof
off tha ol' school
oh no,
I won't turn tha other cheek
in case ya can't see us
while we burn the other week
Now we gotta make it smash
Blast
How long will it last,
till tha broke get more cash
Until then
Raise up!
Tell my young black males
Blaze up!
Lifes a mess
don't stress Test I'm givin what we prayed for
That you’re livin
Bless!
Much love
to my brothers in tha pen
See ya
when I free ya
If not,
when they shut me in
Once again,
is there no one else strapped
Keep ya hands
on ya gat
Now ya boys
watch ya back
Cause in tha alleys of cali
i'ma tell ya
Mess
with tha best
and tha vest
couldn't
help ya
Scream,
if ya feel me
See it clearly?
your too near me
Hollar if Ya Hear Me

- 2pac (Hollar if You Hear Me)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home