20051115

SuperPosT

There’s people wakin up
N lookin at their hand
Realizing
That
They’re working for the man
N can’t understand
When they gave uP
The upper hand
In the land
Where therez no limits
To the gimmicks
The cynics will pull
They sold out to the full
For the power to rule
And they’ll never be pleased
Their disease is too deep
And NO we’re not sheep
Face the heat
you’ll have to reap
For keeping us down
And cheatin our town

We’re goin to
Full weight represent
When makin our sound
Straight pound for pound
With no bounds
On what we can do
Releasing our imagination
From media incarceration
Redefine our culture
To rupture
What the imperial vulture
Conjure

I got much tenacitY
To fight
Till I’m FreE
Join
Like two sides of a coin
For true unitY
No one
especially leaders
Should have impunitY
One should account
for whatever amount
One’s accepted responsibLY
Respond to me
If I elected thee
How else could we see
Democracy

But fuck this shit for now, check this out. It’s from the transcript of a movie called Waking Life. It’s been around for a while and I just finally saw it a couple of weeks ago and then just bought it last night. It’s so funny. I was watchin it last night with my brother and a really good friend of mine, and I had just finished a whole bottle of wine cuz no one else wanted some, and cuz I’m down with being the only one drunk (not really, but I also don’t have that much of a problem with it either) and this movie is so intricate and detailed that I just couldn’t take it anymore. I’m like. I’ll just listen to it with my eyes closed.. . .bad sign… . and then all of the sudden fro behind me (I’m lying down sideways on the floor, in front of the TV) I can hear that my brother is sleepin. Haha ha . He’s out.. .. And so I’m like in and out too, and at one point I get up and fuck. My friend is out too. So I’m like fuck this. I wake everyone up,a nd announce that itz over. Time for bed!! Everybody up. No sense in all toturing ourselves and all.

But Anyways! The movie is crazy philosophical, like about the meaning of life, and the significance of our creation, and if we really have free will and what that means, and it all real life footage that has been turned into animation and is all dream-like. It’s pretty fuckin cool!!! So the movie is like one crazy conversation after another, after another, AFTER ANOTHER and there is absolutely not enough time to process everythin to the degree that you would want to, so it’s such a crazy ride. So here’s an exerpt of one of the first conversations in the movie, and I totally feel this one!!.. . . . One Love!
‘Creation seems to come out of imperfection. It seems to come out of a striving and a frustration. And this is where I think language came from. I mean, it came from our desire to transcend our isolation and have some sort of connection with one another. And it had to be easy when it was just simple survival. Like, you know, “water.” We came up with a sound for that. Or “Saber-toothed tiger right behind you.” We came up with a sound for that. But when it gets really interesting, I think, is when we use that same system of symbols to communicate all the abstract and intangible things that we're experiencing. What is, like, frustration? Or what is anger or love? When I say “love,” the sound comes out of my mouth and it hits the other person's ear, travels through this Byzantine conduit in their brain, you know, through their memories of love or lack of love, and they register what I'm saying and they say yes, they understand. But how do I know they understand? Because words are inert. They're just symbols. They're dead, you know? And so much of our experience is intangible. So much of what we perceive cannot be expressed. It's unspeakable. And yet, you know, when we communicate with one another, and we feel that we've connected, and we think that we're understood, I think we have a feeling of almost spiritual communion. And that feeling might be transient, but I think it's what we live for.’

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

this is defenetly one of my fave post.....its so ficking deeeeeep

2:40 PM GMT-7  

Post a Comment

<< Home