20051031

What da deal??

So what’s the deal??
Being for real??
Expressing what I think
And what I truly feel??
Every layer that I peel
leaves vulnerable exposure.
So to feel adequate
I always search for some closure
But in one sense or another
I couldn’t be no further
There’s feelingz I resist
Cuz my thoughts can’t co-exist
A weird melody of emotions
And notions
Regarding everything around me
There’s bitterness and hatred
Please!
don’t let them surround me
if they get too close
I’m toast
Cuz it’s revenge I hate the most
Dealing back what you get
Is only met
With more regret
So I’ll forget the last line
And let things heal with time
I climb
On top of other people
Carrying others
It just seems all too feeble
I’m and Able …… ……. Body and soul
In a fable.. .. ……. .. with a rabbit and a hole
A smiling cat
Looking right at me
A big top hat
Offering me more tea
What do I see??
Superficial Reality!
What do I see??
Hesitation and anxiety!
Who can I be
When I barely get reality
I’m just an actor
Playing out my part
But I’m a bad actor
So I’m falling right apart
I won’t truly express
It’ll just depress you
And
It’ll depress me too
Maybe I don’t have a clue
And should relax
But even that comes with a tax
The facts were never hidden
In our lives
They’re given straight,
Just surrounded all by lies
I really do care
And make my best effort to share
I hear Mr. Intentional
As my words of accusation
And what’s a trip
Is me and Lauren have got
Absolutely
No relation
I do everything
With only good thoughts in mind
Just don’t put me on repeat
Or too often rewind
I’m kind
I think
But pushed off the brink
There’s not even time to blink
Let alone think
I just react
So I’m short
Or plain whack
On attack
I’ll strike
Before you strike me
I need
So much humility
My token ego
Is broken
And I don’t want it back
But it returns
Fiery hot
As it burns
The pride is inside
And I alwayz try to hide
Rather than show off
Maybe it was better to be numb to the pain
Wasn’t so much of a drain
Or a strain
All I have to offer is a smile
And a kind word
Sometimes I have money
But to offer is absurd
Word?
Yeah!
Haven’t you heard??
In this world
You offer kindly money
And they’ll think it’s really funny
I know that it’s an escape
(herbz)
but there’s not much I can do

without a cape

- JuleZ (October 6, 2003)


I wrote this on my lunch break two years ago, after I had been reading poem after poem out of The Rose that Grew From the ConCreTe. I was able to tap right into what I was feelin and put it in rhyme. I think that this was formally the fist rap I ever wrote down and the one I’ve shared the most when I rap for people. It still remains pretty true to my outlook and way of living, but not so much for the actin whack and on attack, and feelin owned by my ego. I’ve been able to overcome that since, but those are very big elements of my life at that point in history and so if I ever perform this song or record it, I don’t think I’ll take that outta the song. I’ll talk more about each line next time I get a chance cuz there’s so much meaning to who I am and my transformation as a being. It fuckin runz deep. But nEwayZ I hope everyone is doin weLL and that he woRLd wiLL change for the BeTTer one daY.

One LoVe for aLL.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'll make it simple....
ERES FENOMENALLLLLLLZZZ!!!!!
hope u know what it means..! ;-)

10:53 PM GMT-7  
Blogger JuleZ said...

Si entiendo!! y me duele saber que tu sabes lo que es sentir todo eso, pero la esperansa para un cambio sobre sale todo eso y eso si tambien bien entiendo. you throw me roses, I really only meant to find homies who're down to ride and change the bullshit we're livin in. This is just much to flattering and I have to use it as reinforcement, then duck out and keep on steady. Respect LiL, much much loVe and One Love for aLL.

2:53 PM GMT-7  

Post a Comment

<< Home