20051018

OnE cReaTed aLL foR aLL

I’ve been given so much
In a rush
It’s touched me
I’m waiting for it to run out
But no doubt
It still comes
Runz
Right by my side
A galaxy wide
Why do I deserve anything
When I’m off note
Don’t know the words
And can’t sing
My wing
scares me
it flaps too loud
and I get confused between
accepting the gifts
and
thinking I’m proud
even my breath
is too loud
silence is not golden
it doesn’t exist
cuz I can’t resist
thinking
I can think myself
Blinking
Winking
Sinking with style
On the brink of a piLe of nothing
So what
But naught
Is the fear
Of flying??
Dieing??
And the second wing pops
With a PoP
As I drop
And am caught
In a
Shocking
Sudden
Suspension
Not levitating
But a surprising attention
To my bodily retention
By unanticipated
Automated
Flapping feathery attachments
OH!
The gifts just come
I’m out done
And
Undone
Appreciate and
Wait
but I don’t believe
In fate
So I hate
To take
What I make
As predestination
So
Little hesitation
Even less
Anticipation
Just history
Visionz
And
What I’m facin
Like the woRd
GOD
Used
With lower casing
Not stating
ONE
Created aLL
For aLL
Let the words sink in
“It’s last caLL"
so light last matches
and
hope it catches big
cuz after the fire
from this little twig
it will no longer be there for you
it will no longer be there for me
only
as part
of our memory
I can’t bear to be
stiLL,
can you??
What should we do??
And how should we view
What’s due
To a few billionz
Williamz
To bee and buzz
Or not
With the drugz
8 hour hugz
The present is a gift
And Common Sense,
I wanna Be


- JuLez (October 18, 2005)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Juelz. Nice post, and 'the missing mic' as well was very creative. I think you'd be into Saul Williams, he's probably one of the dopest artists alive, amazing amazing amazing. And since you write a lot I thought maybe you'd be into Spoken Word artists, even if you're not, he's worth checkin out trust me! And if you like him, you’ll love my man Malik Yusef, he‘s done a lot of work with Kanye so you might already be familiar with him.
But yea, love your stuff, keep up the amazing writing. Peace.

10:27 PM GMT-7  
Blogger JuleZ said...

ahhhhh!!! My Bad. The Case of the Missing Mic is old old skooL Tupac, shit he worte evene before he jumped on with Digital Underground *SeaWeeD*. Sorry to misrepresent, but i posted it for Makaveli Moday, but forgot to post his name under it. ProPs to Pac. thanks for liking my shit though!
I had the amzing good fortune to see Saul Williams from about 3 meters away just about a month ago. I like so many artists, but I was feelin him on such a deep leveL. He left me stunned and in a daze. I almost cried with some of the shit he was saying. And for real, aftre the show I was walkin around all dazed and lookin right through people as they talked to me. After the show I was in disbelief of the impact his words had had on me. His Style and and exquisit expression was unbareable. BrooKlyn Represent!! and hiz rockin n rollin does it for me too!!
Peace *Seaweed*.
One LoVe for aLL.

3:56 PM GMT-7  

Post a Comment

<< Home