20050915

A Warrior's Cry

I could write a PSA*
A day
To relay
You’re crooked info
War to you
Is
Sex
You greedy
Evil
Nympho
Say
you against hookin
but you’ll
easily
be
the pimp
though

how far
will your arm lie
stretched
across the
equator
grabbin what’s not your’s
lying
at every
layer

the disease
is way far gone
got you thin-king
that your strong
I’ll teLLLL
You
where you’re wrong
You figh-tin
with a bomb
a-gainst
children and their mom
decent adults
that get along
aspiring artists
and their song
fellow youth
so live and young
nature’s green
and the blue beyond

this does not miss
the list that raise their fist
the market hiss
a corporate workers greedy wish
or the soldiers
you enlist

nor does it miss
the minds
that do resist
and insist
that we must fix
or the labours
of the mass-
es

see those that can not defend
and then don’t wonder why I lend
my arm and thought
to those that need
my arms and nose
my knees my lead
all seed
will grow
in fertile soil
with sun
and toil
and water
and toil
to the end my friend

i see nothin
but my dreams come true
as I'm starin at my life
through my rear view
send prayers and kisses
to all who came before
I'll work with all I got

even when I'm cut and sore
look at the beautiful seeds
sittin in the soil
we do this for tomorrow
for tomorrow
we now toil.

* PSA (Public Service Announcement)

- JuleZ (September 15, 2005)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well...I just kind of stumbled upon your blog about 30 min ago, but it's definitely one worth reading. You won me over as a "regular" on your page as soon as I checked out some of your writing(which by the way, is deep!) and anyone that can dig music from Deathcab,Dead Prez,K'naan,Common,Kanye,Pac, Sage Francis(just to name a few) is cool in my book. Oh and I didnt even know that Dead Prez had a more recent album out(how the hell did I miss that!?)-so thanks.
Anyhowz Juelz, keep up the great writing, you seem like a cool cat, so on my favorites you go. I'll be back Im sure.
*Peace*
-"Seaweed"

1:38 AM GMT-7  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

your amazzzzing, love it , this sh*t is deep... i'm running, love you talk to you soon,

1 luv ... lil

9:22 AM GMT-7  
Blogger JuleZ said...

gYeah. SeAwEeD feelin the flava. Thank you so much!! Last week was so busy and it isn't till now that I've been able to write. I'm so happy you LiKe!! The latest Dead Prez Album is RBG: Revoloutionary But Gangsta, 2004 and the very first track with the guy speakin is enough to inspire an army, and the poeple leadin it. These guys are so with it I LoVe it!.... .

RUn rUn RuN LiL. Thank you for Likin, I busted this out straight from my souL. Keepin it real. The truest, and whoLe.

One Love for ALL

2:30 PM GMT-7  

Post a Comment

<< Home