20050220

Us

Dedicated to you. Sorry, but no not you the general reader. But you. Who I hope is reading this and maybe understanding me a little better. This was completely inspired to be put in words by our talking in that short period of time we were together. Thank you on many levels.

A general thank you all together.

Titled: Us

The world is shakin
breakin
and taking me for ransom
and all this time I admired it
and thought that we were dancin
chancin on each other
n chancin on ourselves
but you're suckin us dry
n tossin depleted wells

if I fell and was broken
due to ridicule and jokin
would you change the habit
with which you speak what's spoken???

I'm so gasoline soaken
please look me in my eyes
before you light the fire
and acquire a new sense of right
and admire me for what I was

So much vain glory is my story
to why I even began to try
to erase my face from the face of the earth
there's so much worth to being invisible
but then youre thought's aren't transmissible

So many shape shifters
with some not knowing what they're doing
GOD's not a babysitters
and HE won't lead us to our ruin

Dear Mr. World stop screwin me around
we're not cattle for your feed
you're noble steed is a hound
there's no need to even pound
your fist the way you do
we're not meant to be cruel and vicous like you
but like you
I want to mash bash crash and lash
out to my souroundings
It's astoundings that all surrenders to LOVE
and we're patiently absolved and freed of
being shoved back

I lack the first step of faith and hope
and two and three of humility
their concepts evade me
their actions invade me
enveloping me as a whole
mind body and soul

Am I the cure or disease
tearing wind or the breeze
check my will
check my steez
Am I what you imagine
or what you sees???

I'm neither and both
contradicting
but don't loathe
No man
and
every man
is an
island
like ice-land
everything points to cold
but
hold on it's green

I have a walk
I have a look
I have a dance
I'm not what you think
please give me a chance

I'm not playing a game
I don't know why I'm not the same
or
what you read me to be
I'm blind yet I can see
Tied up yet I'm free
Say I believe
Yet high tail and flee!!!!

So scared to see my true reflection
sick
and seeking inner inspection
seek truth with hope and LOVE
THEY're up there
yep
up above

- JuleZ (Sept 9/2004)

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Makes me wonder who "you" truly is. Who is it you speak of?

C

1:26 PM GMT-7  
Blogger JuleZ said...

Yo C! peace on the streets. It's someone whom which I worked with closely a few times (a full day at a time) and at a distance for several weeks. We both appreciated having met each other very much and found it to be a much needed gift (us having met). I wrote this with the intention of it being a parting gift after the first time we met and indeed it was.
I referred to him as you, for he will know right away it's 'him' and I didn't want to say his name 'out loud'. He doesn't even know this blog exists yet, but I'm going to email him right now!!
Thanks for readin C. hope you like.

3:28 PM GMT-7  
Blogger Rissa said...

Hey dude! Your interview is in my comments. Check and post bud! I look forward to your answers.

4:49 PM GMT-7  
Blogger JuleZ said...

thanks Cap'n!! I'm glad you like my raps. hell, I'm fu8ken happy you call them raps. That's cool to the max.

I've had people be all like 'Hey Julio, I really like your poetry' and I'm all like it's raps, not poetry, raps!! and then she giggles, yeah, I mean raps!! with the 'whatever' connotation all over it... . . I'm sure you hear me loud *and* clear.... though it really is poetry, and I feel more artistic like that, BUT it's MEANT to be rapppp. you know???

I just started downloading a whole bunch of Cross Movement right now, and to answer your question, no I haven't heard of them till now. I just noticed though that by thetitles of their songs it might be cristian rap. So I'm going to check them out for sure!!! I'm all about good music, and I'm definately all about GOD.

That's cool taht you rap the lyrics in your head. I haven't totally decided how I'm going to rap them out loud so when you do it in your head the flow might be kinda wierd cuz I might sing song some of the words and the breaks for rhymin might not be totally apperant.

woah. I just heard 25 seconds of the first song that sarted downloading. I'm having trouble connecting for some reason, and man. That is dirty- dirty man. straight south (On In Here).

ANyways. This commment reply is a post on itself. But thanks for comin through Cap. I'll do my best to work myself out of the galleys... and not have to walk the plank. Fly with the birds Cap'n Sparrow.

12:15 AM GMT-7  

Post a Comment

<< Home