20050209

40 days Till Easter

Today is Ash Wednesday, the first day of lent and the end to huge parties in New Orleans and even bigger parties in Rio.
Lent is the most important time of the year for christians wether christians themselves realize it or not. Because hopefully there are readers who are completely secular and some whoe are totally religious, I can speak about religious things from any prespective and not offend everyone. At least not at the same time.
Anyways, what I was talking about is that Christmas is huge because it symbolizes the day Jesus was born in Bethlehem. He wasn't actually born on Dec 25/0 AD but that was the day chosen to replace a day previously being a Roman pagan holiday. I'm not sure which one. But the only reason Christmas is important, or should I say, the only reason Jesus' birthday is so monumental, is because he ressurected 3 days after he was killed. And that's Easter monday... 40 days from now. This was the final stamp that yes indeed he is God and the son of God he Father.

!!!Thank you God for loving us so much!!!

Ashes to ashes and dust to dust... we all know it. I think that the original goes like this "you are dust, and to dust you shall return" (Genesis 3:19).

And that reminds me of John 3:16.

But yeah, I'm going to church right away and today we get a cross smeared on our forehead (burned palms from last years palm sunday... I think maybe mixed with Hoily Oil..don't quote me ) and as the cross is layed on our forehead, the words "you are dust, and to dust you shall return" are spoken and followed up by an Amen. From me and others too.

Sometimes the cross looks like someones fingerprint on your forehead. The meaning is so deep though.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home