20050216

Rockin Out to Violent Femmes

I started off by downloading downloading some Sufjan Stevens. I heard this song called upper peninsula and it was sooo goooood that I needed that and more, but when I got to searchin i could only find like 5 or 6 of his songs and none of them where upper peninsula. you can imagine my anguish. (there was none... just a little bit) And so after thta I started hookin up some Jolie Rickman. She just died I think and that's how I heard about her, but agian the one song I heard left me wnating more. I looked that up, but to no avail. not a single song of her, so I searched the net to see if I was spelling her name right and I was, but what hooked it up is that I bounced into a site and it was a commemorative site to her death and on there they compared her to the violent femmes. I said goodie and hooked that up in a hurry. I've heard of them forever and I just hadn't gotten around to listening to them yet, but now I'm listening to them as we speak. As I type. Probably not as you read. I should be more mature. but I won't. *smile*

So yesterday I woke up singing to Bob Marley. that's gotta be one of the best ways to wake up!! I have a radio alarm clock and it's set to CKUA (
www.ckua.org).

ok we interrupt our programming for special party news. I just found out (like 2 seconds ago) that tonight this crazy canadian rapper is playing at the Victory Lounge (the old Lush... i dunno what it was before that. Below the Starlight room - the old Rev... the crack in the wall... I'm telling you this cuz any one of those descriptions would hook it up). So yeah He's playing, but it says that the 'headliner' is at 8. ten bucks cover. hellz yeah. The guys name is Epic. I think he's originally from Saskatchewan or something, but he lives here in edmonton now. I met him at the bar once and I recognized him as being a rapper and he was like yeah! and I talked to him and his girl, ( i thnk they were together???) and he was way cool. And then I talked to him briefly a the Edmonton DMC finals last year. So I'm so gonna go check out the show tonight. Common!!! Everyone's invited!!!!

So anyways. bob Marley right. So i listen to this radio station not so much anymore, but it's still cool and rocks the free world, but I wake up at different times (between 6-8:10 usually) and so I don't know the morning programming or anything, but yesterday was Bob Marley and today???... it was a story on how cops found a vampire chat conversation between a girl and a guy, probably really a goat in peru and a dog in lithuania... it's the internet!, and they said that the girl was saying how much she loved drinkin blood and the guy was all tryin to style her so e was saying that he was willing to kill a whole family and drain their blood. not the best way to hit on a girl... but whatever. romance is wierd sometimes. And so the COPS were very 'concern' and 'they should have known earlier'. Man, these guys should maybe hit up a blood bank and use a microwave or some boiling water... I dunno!! A double boiler even..... But the worst part of it all is that that was how I woke up. Yesterday... me singin.... we jamminnnn, we jamminn, oh won't you come jamminn too. Today, I wake up and don't even think about reachin for the alarm clock. I was like -what the??!! you know? and then I stayed in bed trying to figure out what I was listening to and once it all clicked I laughed, and turned it off. Go cops.

So yeah here's a link for all you against McMurder and McCancer and McEverything
http://www.mcspotlight.org/campaigns/current/leaflets.html
It seems that this week in the European Court of Human Rights the London Greenpeace just had a great
victory in court. Proving that McDonald's does indeed destroy the rainforest, treat the animals they use for food cruely, exploit children with advertisement, pay really poor wages, and decieves by making their food seem nutritious when it's not.

Not shocked, not amazed??

It took 15 years of legal action, and the british lawyers had to go out of the british courts to win the case, because it's known that british courts are corporation friendly. sound familiar?? And so yeah, it all started when McDonalds sued the London Greenpeace for distributing the fliers from the link above outside of McDonald's in London. This is like Nike getting proven in court that they exploit children, take advantage of tax breaks in thrid wolrd coutries, beat their workers, pay next to thing for thier product and then rip off their 'customers'. cool eh? There was also another lawsuit that was won by the people (power to the people... this is my subliminal message) and it had to do with McDonald's lieing to the public....maybe more like decieving the public about them sayin that they weren't using Trans Fats when they were. What happened is that they said that they would stop using them starting XX Date. This made huge news!!! then got tons of press. And for whatever reason, once they tried to switch over it didn't work out for them (probably took all the taste out of their fries...) and so they released a press release on a friday night to disclose that they weren't going to anymore. Zero media coverage. Result... people who wouldn't touch it if they had trans fats (poeple with health issues or worried about health issues) started eating McFood and then found out it did still have trans fats. Trickery. so yeah. That's more or less the scoop.

!!Thank you all the poeple who helped in the trails!!

Sorry to make this post infinately long. I have more to say but I'll stop. bon nuit to all.



......oooooh they're so violent

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home