20050210

kensiko thyssen

first off, there is no Holy Oil mixed into the ashes (as mentioned yesterday....told you not to quote me.. .) and what's said as the ashes are put on your forhead is "Turn away from sin and be faithful to the Gospel" (Mark 1:15) .... ma bad. Still really beautiful and encouraging.

So while I was out of the country, Jan 19 - Feb 3, I missed my favorite news reel that I try and catch everyday, but fortunately for me you can catch it on the internet. Actually... . where I live you can catch 1 empisode a week on our local university station, but if you want it mon-fri the only way to get is thru the net. (through vs thru eh?... how annoying) and yes i say eh. and yes i'm cool. BUT anYwaYs. There some people around the world. namely lots of americans, who get it shown on thier TV through public channels. One day I'm going to help establish one of those channels here. unless someone else does, without my help. Either way I'll be happy.

The show is Democracy Now! www.democracynow.org and since I started listening they've been doing they're daily War on Peace Report. It's all american news, but it covers many global issues AND true american new (vs cbs fox and cnn propaganda) is important for everyone. Since their the strongest imperialists in the world and their actions affect us all.

so yeah, i missed it while I was gone and I've been catching up on it listening to reel after reel and right now I'm caught up to Feb 2nd and man! can you believe what's going on!!

Tip of the iceberg right?

The past is pretty gory and depressing too. The future could be, but doesn't have to be. not if we imagine it differently and work wisely towards this. It all God's will though in the end. Even though we have free will as individuals, there's still some master plan. something I've been reflecting on the last couple of days is "Pray like it all depends on God... and work like it all depends on you" It's definately about balance and realizing we can do things on our own, but we are weak fragile human beings. we MUST be pro-active though. To whatever level possible. There's millions struggling for existance and for the ablity to stay alive because they barely have access to drinking water and food. But are we??

slow motion is better than no motion.

and in case you were wondering about the title. The first is the brand name on my computer speakers. and the second is some manufacturer of steel or something. I took them from lookin around in my office. Yes I'm at work. and i'm writing this on my lunch break.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home