20060216

One en a haLf

my regret to yet again, to have to depend, on more poetic choices that are a text filled swim, the letterz mixed up and the verses began. I wrote one and a half, here's the first for you. and since you're so cool, there's also preview.

I’m speakin out the truth
so I expect to not be liked
people wanna stay hidden
from my little bit of insight
and thatz alright
I’m more tryin to unite
those that do listen
and are willin to fight
what kind of opposition
does dark hold on the light
it really can’t do much
but just smother and fright
so now we know it’s clear
that I’m standing on the right

really on the left
if you politically check
and on the side of humans
if you see the train wreck
come on yo let’s all let
let’s all let
let the soul ride
where your mind confide
let the love inside divide
the good and the bad side
right where you are torn
where you’ve most cried
you can’t try an abide
by the dollar
so collide!
start basing your decisions
with what you have inside
check to see
if what you be
really is a lie
and why we can’t live differently
or
at least try

I’m
going dressed to an office
where I work
with a revolutionary... .
on my shirt
That’s who I am
and please
try to understand
I’m not lookin to kill a man
No
I’m not killin
I want people to open their eyes
to
what they’re feelin
AND ACT!!!
People need to back up their beliefs
it needs
to be shown
we’re lackin a lot of light
we needs
to start glowin
some of you will listen
fully in the knowin
with no intentions
to be goin where I’m showin

would so much rather choke

take their tongue
outta their cheek
and stick it down their throat

down play what I’m sayin
with a racist joke

and that’s alright to me
it’s all part of the yolk
and the burden is light
especially if we unite

- JuLez (February 16, 2006)

and this is something I started to write right after I wrote this last song, and it goes together pretty good, but isn't done yet. .. . .. . One Love!

some people are really pissed
or a little pissed
don’t let it miss
some people are really pissed
or a little pissed
don’t let it miss
some people are really pissed
or a little pissed
don’t let it miss

right now what we really need is
education
and when we’re done with this
we’ll be comin with dedication
cuz then the dedicated educated
are gonna strategize
how to unite
and what to fight for
can you now see
why they’ve closed this door
communication is locked
in the past we’ve been flocked
but now they’re so scared
their guns are out and cocked
with every new awakening
there’s surprise and shock
hopelessness, anger
liberation and thought

we’ve been bought

and forgot what we sold

- JuLez (February 16, 2006)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home