20060213

Beat Retreat

To keep the flow goin, I have a bit juice, so I put it to use, I let loose and refuse. Have time to write a rhyme, but not a line of text. checks. I hope you like what's next... . .

I feel the beat retreat
the flow in my veins
I take a walk backward
where innocence remains
true peace and love
without silly games
throwing off bonds
instead of more chains
changing simple facts
that lacks a peoples prose
so the actions taken
reflect that I chose
people over money.

spirit over wealth

freedom to overcome
deceitful lying stealth

political crooks
are not to be trusted
they’re tricks are so old
you can’t even yell “BUSTED”
it’s open air lies
deception to some
and that there’s violence
cuz it should be unknown to none

the savage ravage of the peoples
cuz they’re not treated as equals
I got the freedom
to beat em
take their life with their breath
instead I just see them
not consider their death
they can’t place themselves truly
in the place of their brothers
because they’re bred oppressors
the guard dogs for each otherz

and then
from the outside
lookin in
I bin swimmin in
too much toxic sin
perpetrating the man’s
evil way of thought
with the 8 hours of work
and the clothes I bought
I can’t escape the melodrama
day by day I think that I’m gonna
wake to find that I’m just myself
and not at all socialized
for material wealth
my mind get’s more healthy
as I walk away
but I’m drawn back
cuz I wanna stay
how do you leave
the ones you really love
and the whole world
that *muah* you really love
I can’t just pray
and leave it to above
I gotta stay
but no way
I’ll ever sway to your side
sure I’ll participate
in this illegitimate lie
but know that I’m workin
for the day it’ll die

peace Love!


-JuLez (February 13, 2006)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

how do you do it??? all of this come from you.... how? julezzzz... how??? i would love to hear you rhyme this ot loud... evrysingle rhyme .... makes me feel a sertain way..... u give me chilllzzzz. how baby... how do u do it? to saty so STRONG???? much respect ... much RESPECT!!

2:07 PM GMT-7  
Blogger JuleZ said...

hahahaah yeah LiL I wrote that shit!!! I'm so glad you checkz it and feelz it too. Just recently I've been madly inspired and my writin has been a lot more free. Just two weeks ago me and two friends started recording, I got the chance to hang in some ill poerty slams, and God just keeps on raining down the blessings. So I keep my head down and work. this just happens to be fun too at the same time.
thanks LiLy baby, you KNOW you always get me writin!!!
One Love
JuLez
p.s. we're all just dust

1:52 PM GMT-7  

Post a Comment

<< Home