20070710

cuz really now.

for a long long time Warren G was my favorite rapper. His very first aLbum reguLate was constantly being played as i rapped right aLong with it. Years later i wanted to become an rapper. and I stated listenin to Mos Def, Talib Kweli, Common, The Roots, and i started Learnin what the difference between rap and hiphop were. i aLways though that it was all about semantics and hiphop was more chillin, but rap was quicker deLivery. .. oh the ignorance from growing up strictly on radio, westcoast bangin, and friends who actd like they knew.

as i began to faL in Love with HipHop, and reLabLe myseLf as an emcee, I started to find my tastes way drastically changin (no surprise there) and I began to find aLot of the music I use to listen too as ignorant and tasteless. and then one day. whiLe doin some volunteer work to try and right some of wrongs of the american 'medical aid' that went to the former president of Peru ,Alberto Fujimori, (1990-2000) who pressured 200,000 indigenous people (mostly women) in rural areas (mainly Quechuas and Aymaras) into being sterilized. Compulsory sterilization is equivilent to genocide (to take away their land).

so nEwayz. i was doin some voluntary work and Listenin to Masta Ace and he dropped some like about 'my mindz on my money and my moneyz on my mind'. and hearin that just pissed me off so bad because it is so ignorant and so self serving and so low on the priority of things if you consider human life to be sacred.

I recongnized where that line came from. and it's a line that warren g first came out with and that Tupac and Snoop popularized. So i picked up my pen, and.... .. i wrote.

peace. and one Love aL!!!



If my mindz on my money
And my moneyz on my mind
Is there really any time---
For me to be kind??
And if I lose my money
Will I lose my mind??
I need to ask these questions
And I hope you don’t mind
One thing I really want
Is a global peace sign
And for the fall of all
Walkin around street blind
Therez so much of the past
That getz forgotten by the grind
Whoz goin to stand up
And bring the wordz to remind
Ourselves about our soul
And that we can redefine
Everything that surrounds us
As long as we align

Ourselves with our heart
And the fellow mankind
Not commercial vendors
Who are keeping us behind
Lustin for more sex
And the dollar-dollar sign
They keeping us blind
Not givin us the space or time
To properly point the subjects
Comittin all the crime
But itz really clear to see
If you have a healthy mind
So they corrupt and interrupt
Hoping that we won’t find
Those cruel vicious evolz
And put them in a line

Bustin them like parents
Putting dem on decline
So that we can do our thing
What’s comin is our time
We’ll have to choose views
That do not abuse
Every time I wake up
They’re pushin down snooze
I’m sick of all the lies
That are makin us lose
Grasp of what’s real
And the emotions I feel
The real deal is I’m hurt
And I’m needin to heal
I can see us all
livin an ideal
No longer living by
The Thingz that they conceal
I’m gonna grab the fruit
Peel peel and reveal
Reclaim and redistribute
All the things that they steal
For every human being
To have a decent meal
No more chasin trends
Like a hamster on a wheel
This is comin to you
With the hopez of mass appeal

WAKE UP, RIGHT NOW
n Forever!
THIS IS, OUR LIFE
let’s be cLever!
RECLAIM, WHAT”s OURs
now or never!
THEY STEAL, OUR LIFE
they better
BACK UP, ACT RIGHT
and sever
THE TRUTH, FROM LIES
forever
LET’s ACT, RIGHT NOW
together!
LET’s FIGHT, RIGHT NOW
together!

they better hear our cries
they better hear our screams
we’re not holding back
we’re fuLfiLing all our dreams


human rights abuses
growing more every day
every moment that goes by
YO I watch them aL replay
those that do feeL it
don’t you have somethin to say
let’s check the black n white
for now bust the gray
yes they’re droppin bombs
N yes it’s far away
but they are humans too
and their pain is on display
while we go to the theatre
and see some nice ballet
hot metal bullets
eat flesh as they spray
governments sell out
they continue to betray
and if we don’t act
these things are goin to stay

if we don’t stand up
and be the voice for the weak
take a true stand
yeLL and demand on the street
we’re not gonna ever
stop the rule of the elite
man! they’re gonna run wiLd
and they’L never retreat
until we grab the reigns
jump out the back seat
every human on the planet
deserves somethin to eat
every woman man n chiLd
needs a place to sleep
the fight is not complete
rise up from your seat

Pushin back the lies
giving strength to the beat
of all the hearts marchin
each one of em unique
So even though I work
everyday for some dough
my mind is not on my money
itz on how I can grow
with Love peace n justice
and how I can show
people I don’t know
that I love them like a bro
but that we are trapped
held down by status quo
and yet we can stand
rise up from way below
dig deep and shine our light
letting every bit go
the abuses are so cruel
man you don’t even know
and they’re committed every second
perpetrated so slow
we should protect one another
this we already know
please open up your feelings
raise your voice and say NO
i wiLL not just sit back and
let these injustices go

we gotta rise up, rise up
it’s on us
we gotta Love Love
love Love and act just

WAKE UP, RIGHT NOW

LET’s ACT, RIGHT NOW

LET’s FIGHT, RIGHT NOW

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home