20070625

This Jam

growing up inside the industry
i couldnt see
what hiphop was all about
what did it mean to me
radioplay n what they say
n what they do
money up on my mind
but that wasn’t true
this music is my culture
and i Live it straight up
people bangin out the hits
but they cannot get up
if you talk about freedom
then you will be shut up
but not any more
cuz we people fed up
standing with our face up
and defyin the pimp
gonna take back what is ours
push the pimp off the brink
raise up with our arms
redefine what we think
Yo! this is how we comin
this what People’s Poets bring
this industry is history
just look at my rhyme
puttin pieces to the puzzle
n my mind is on time
now raise your hands up
common raise them higher
this jam is amplified

raise your hands up higher

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home