20050804

Is it Dre… Is it Dre? ?

That’s what they say.
Every single muthafuckin day.

Well.. . it’s not Dre Day today, but I was thinking more along the lines of is he alive? Is he alive?? Any curious bloke or loving fan has inevitably come across this question as a part of a conversation or in meditation of this hero.
I never new that Pac was alive until sometime in 1997 while ridin in the back seat of my homebro’s ride as he was pumpin All Eyes On Me constantly. First impression, and ride or die, East and West, watch your mouth, pay your respect. Pac died on Friday the 13, September 1996.. . . supposedly, and maybe.
For years and years I knew deep in my hear that he was alive. It was all to obvious with what everyone said about the missing information around his death, how supposedly there never was an autoposy and no one saw his dead body and there’s no pictures and he was incinerated or buried the very next day and how he changed his name to Makaveli, who was some guy from the past who faked his own death, and how he depicted himself being crucified which implies life after death. . . . or never having been dead at all. And at that time, the popular belief among the people I knew and what I heard is that he was hidin out cuz there was just too much heat and it wasn’t worth it, cuz he had everything he wanted and just wanted to chill. And that at his convenience he would resurface and punk all the suckers and he would reign with greatness. We all know how cool that would be.
But looking at things in this way is not understanding of his beliefs and ideals and what he was leading up to in his struggle for social reform and fair equity to all that were being held down in an ongoing way through many methods of black oppression. I don’t know what his vision was exactly, and I don’t think he had just one, but it was along the lines of the black people of America uniting and taking what was rightfully theirs because they were never going to be handed it. This brought him to issues of gang violence, drugs, hatred of women, and the deeper more sublte topics of heartbreak, friendship, family, and life. And from what I understand, his persona was a reflection of his environment and is not a glamorization, but rather an authentically hard gangster life. So he would also speak extensively on the game, women, men, and other things related.
He had a very kind and beautiful soul, and was devoted to God and his fellow man.

As for me… . . I think he’s dead.

I’ve only seen two documentaries on Pac, and one of them only once. Resurrection is one, and I don’t know the name of the other, but it had him mom and some of the OutlawZ on it. And it was watchin that second documentary and hearing his mom, Afeni Shakur, speak on it. She was like, people are always speculating if he’s alive or not. Whether he really died. What they don’t understand and what they don’t know is that if he was still alive he would not be hiding somewhere in hidin biting his tongue watchin everythin take place. He would be in the center of the spotlight shootin his mouth.

And with that I was like, yup. He would be. I guess he’s dead. And that was all it took for me. Since then I found his poetry and have heard more of his music and have loved him even more. I pray for his soul to go to heaven. And yeah, I think he would be chin checkin left and right if he was around. And it’s sad to think of him as dead, but it’s not to look at his lasting effect. And so he lives on.
May God have mercy on all our souls, and may you rest in peace Tupac Amaru Shakur. June 16, 1971 – September 13, 1996.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Every single day...u seem to leave me speechless... as I was reading this post....my eyes got watery...don't know why...maybe I do???
I agree w/ you... if he was alive he would be out there...killing lyracly everyone out there.
Shit julez...much respect to someone like u, all he entries post today seem to touch a special part of me...yeah ....it makes me remember so much shit and a lot of happy thoughts... reminds me a lot of my brothers.. A WHOLE FUCKING LOT, BOTH OF THEM R 2PAC'S HARDCORE FANS.
YOU R 1 OF A MOTHEFUCKING KIND***!!

ONE LUV!!!!!

5:14 PM GMT-7  
Blogger JuleZ said...

LiL. One Love. Your comments are so bomb, from day one, I'm so happy you found this site and as time goes you'll see it transform.

You know the sayin Real recongnize Real. I think that's what it is. Pac was the realist, and I see that so clearly I know he would see it in me too.

Everything I posted was for a reason. A while ago you asked me if I thought he was dead. I've had that Talib song on repeat for a day, day and a half, like many times before, and that song still kills me each time. I wantd to post a picture, and the the caption turned into a poem. And yesterday I got an email from this really young guy i volunteer with and he had that caption at the bottom of his email, and right away I knew I wanted to share it.

LiL! ! keep doin your thing! You got brothers watch you, and much more than that! ! !

8:47 AM GMT-7  

Post a Comment

<< Home