20050804

Dedicated.. . .

.. . . to all of the people out there with their hearts broken. It sucks. But Life is a Beautiful Struggle.

I don't usually post full songs, but here's the full lyrics to Let Me See remix by Talib Kwali and Morcheeba.

[Talib Kweli]
Ay yo
the prophet is without honor
In your own country,
people swear that you ain't shit
because they know your mama
So much drama at the crib
it ain't fit to live
And that survival of the fittest shit
will split your wig
Cats master doin' bits of illegitimate kids
is splitin' dutches
Dealin' with the physical
and caught up in his clutches
My way of life bum-rushes
pullin' no punches
Silence is golden
and all I'm hearin' is hushes,
when I'm shinin'
MC's pay attention
I rise like a ascention
see more than three dimension
to the situation we facin
receivin energy
So you see who your friend
and who your enemy

[Morcheeba]

Crashin back down
to earth I've found
We can love
Oh
let me see
All of the places I can be
Oh
let me know
All of the places where we can go

[Talib Kweli]

Yo we rock on shed
like light the break of dawn
Stand strong
like the words in God's song
B-Boys,
make some noise
and
B-Girls,
rock the world
and

[Morcheeba]

Falling apart
right from the start
Crawling round
Oh
let me see
all of the place that I can be
Oh
let me know
all of the places where we can go

[Talib Kweli]

A blind man
feels the wickedest taste is exquisite
He can hear me lound and clear
and smell fear in the air
Without sight
he gains in-sight
and lets me see
his true self
not what he wants me to precive him to be
Preception is deception
Without the facts you keep guessin
That's the image in the mirror
so we Eternal Reflection
Forever manifestin'
the cleverness in the lesson
Dropin' with authority
with no doubt,
no question
Yo my man's blazin'
more cheeba
Blowin' out like speakers
Keepin' y'all open wide like receivers
We rock on
shed like light the break of dawn
And we stand strong
like the words in God's song
c'mon

[Morcheeba]

Show us
how to stand up stong
Waitin' for you
takes so
long
Shadows leave us
standing naked
We can't fake it
Oh
let me see
all of the places that I can be
Oh
let me know
all of the places where we can go

[Talib Kweli]

B-Boys,
make some noise
and
B-Girls,
rock the world
and
B-Girls,
rock the world
and
c'mon
and
Pick it up
yes
and we put it down,
yes we put it down
Another Hi-Tek production
Talib Kweli,
MCs ain't got nothin'
Blaze up...
more cheeba,
more cheeba
Cheeba,
everybody say cheeba,
everybody cheeba

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"But Life is a Beautiful Struggle."
Posted by JuleZ

I love art love poetry ....I’m watts called an insane Mexican.
U makes me wana...change the world,
"LIFE IS A BEAUTIFUL STRUGGLE"
HOW DO U DOIT?? I find a piece of the lost... me, every time.

O did I mention yo soy MEXICANA!!

Do u speak Spanish? Read Spanish? Write Spanish?

BX LUV
LIL- THE INSANE MX.

5:29 PM GMT-7  
Blogger JuleZ said...

No credit to me LiLy, Life is a Beautiful Struggle is the name of Talib Kwali's latest CD that dropped some months ago, and so I was just referencing it so that people would pick it up and be like gyeah!

that prepective on life has helped me at times and completely descibed my feelings too at other times.

Like, a solid part of the beauty of life is the fact that it's a struggle. Who can truly appreciate somethin they don't understand? ? When you're just give somethin without workin for it at all.? ? So a lot of understanding and appreciation comes from working to get somethin.

I dunno what the deal is LiL, but the I'm finding pieces of me too. We gots to change the world though. The world needs us! ! It IS on us to do it.

And no, you hadn't mentioned it, pero si hablo español muy bien, lo leo bastante, pero no soy muy bueno para escribirlo. Tengo que practicarlo mas. But yeah. I relate to this song, from " Ay yo, the prohet is without honor. In your own country people swear you ain't shit cuz they know your moma" to "Everybody say Cheeba! !"

9:09 AM GMT-7  

Post a Comment

<< Home